08 November 2006

DHSS

Rick Curran has posted up the very first DHSS (Dundee Hardcore Skate Squad) video made by Scott Malcolm in 1990 during the first Factory era. I was taken there by Colin Paten (who sadly passed away recently) and was instantly sold on skateboarding.

With my Deathbox Rocker board that went up to my chin I skated there for about a month before it closed down. This video was made in the glory days.

Take note of the DHSS members- Daryl Smith, Nick Johnston, Scott Malcolm, Rick Curran and Aaron Woolley. Also pay attention to some of the guests like Steve Park-who is the best, Martin Bernard and Craig McKnight.

The memories indeed. Thanks Rick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I missed this post, I just came across it after adding DundeeConcrete.com to my Technorati.com profile.

I never knew anything about Colin Paton passing away, wow.

Glad you enjoyed the video, I just need to get my hands on Kenny McLeish's Crafty designs video too and add to the coverage of the second Nethergate factory too. If you know of it's whereabouts let me know!